Iowa’s lake life is underrated. Northwest Iowa has abundant opportunity for year-round water adventures. Okoboji, Clear Lake, Storm Lake, Lake View – all are home to boating in the summer and ice fishing (or ice golfing!) when winter settles in. Inland, experience breathtaking natural landscapes, awe-inspiring architecture and historic museums and landmarks.
The Lakes & Land Area is best known for:
- Okoboji and the Iowa Great Lakes area.
- Musical roots at The Music Man Square, Surf Ballroom, Iowa Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Iowa’s only Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- Lakeside state parks including Gull Point and Black Hawk.
- Iconic architecture from Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Historic Lewis & Clark interpretive sites.